Cheesecake Protein Ice Cream
I love this treat after a workout or for a substantial dessert. Lately I’ve been adding a secret ingredient though:
Nutritional Yeast!! (I’m slightly obsessed. Can you tell??)
I know it may sound weird, but nut. yeast gives the ice cream that light cheese taste that reminds me of cheesecake! It’s so easy too:
- 4 large ice cubes
- 40 g frozen fruit of choice (banana, strawberries, blueberries, squash-pictured above)
- 3/4 c. Almond milk
- 1/4 tsp xanthen gum, 1/4 tsp guar gum
- 20-30 g Jay Robb protein powder (Chocolate or vanilla, egg white or rice)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (adjust to taste!)
Crush the ice and fruit then add the rest of the ingredients and blend ‘er up!
Healthy Chocolate variation:
- Add an 8 g scoop of Amazing Grass Chocolate and 1 tsp cocoa powder, chocolate protein
- Add instant espresso powder and 1 tsp cocoa powder, chocolate protein
- 40 g frozen strawberries, vanilla protein
- 40 g frozen blueberries, vanilla protein
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake:
- 40 g frozen strawberries, chocolate protein, 1 tsp cocoa powder, 1 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate (optional)
*Edit: Reader variations!
- Monica suggested making chocolate protein cheesecake ice cream and topping it with pecans for turtle cheesecake!
Top your protein-packed vegan cheesecake ice cream with crushed graham crackers or wheat germ, and Udi’s granola!
Enjoy! What wacky ingredient to you add to your food all the time?
There’s another chance to help Haiti! Click here to bid on some delicious baked goods for a great cause.