Cheesecake Protein Ice Cream
I love this treat after a workout or for a substantial dessert. Lately I’ve been adding a secret ingredient though:
Nutritional Yeast!! (I’m slightly obsessed. Can you tell??)
I know it may sound weird, but nut. yeast gives the ice cream that light cheese taste that reminds me of cheesecake! It’s so easy too:
- 4 large ice cubes
- 40 g frozen fruit of choice (banana, strawberries, blueberries, squash-pictured above)
- 3/4 c. Almond milk
- 1/4 tsp xanthen gum, 1/4 tsp guar gum
- 20-30 g Jay Robb protein powder (Chocolate or vanilla, egg white or rice)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (adjust to taste!)
Crush the ice and fruit then add the rest of the ingredients and blend ‘er up!
Healthy Chocolate variation:
- Add an 8 g scoop of Amazing Grass Chocolate and 1 tsp cocoa powder, chocolate protein
- Add instant espresso powder and 1 tsp cocoa powder, chocolate protein
- 40 g frozen strawberries, vanilla protein
- 40 g frozen blueberries, vanilla protein
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake:
- 40 g frozen strawberries, chocolate protein, 1 tsp cocoa powder, 1 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate (optional)
*Edit: Reader variations!
- Monica suggested making chocolate protein cheesecake ice cream and topping it with pecans for turtle cheesecake!
Top your protein-packed vegan cheesecake ice cream with crushed graham crackers or wheat germ, and Udi’s granola!😉
Enjoy! What wacky ingredient to you add to your food all the time?
There’s another chance to help Haiti! Click here to bid on some delicious baked goods for a great cause.