Prolotherapy, Round 2
First, the food (so those of you grossed out by feet and needles can click off!)
Today I’ve been working so hard on a granola bar recipe for Saratoga Peanut Butter. I created three different versions with varying results.
Round one didn’t impress me at all.
Round two was so delicious, but they fell apart all over the place!!
Round three has the perfect texture+look, but I think I need to work on the flavor. My brother devoured them, but he said they “taste like they have a million ingredients.”
I’m working with the Adirondack Jack (the peanut+ almond butter with cranberries, flax seed, sunflower seed and cinnamon). It’s the nature of the beast.
They’re coming along though, and I’m not giving up! I have the proportions, cook temperature, cook time and cool time down. I just need to play around with the flavors.
Here is a glimpse at the nutrition facts of round three. (Click to enlarge):
Warning: food ends here. The following link contains a prolotherapy update with photos of swollen feet. Don’t click if you’re squeemish!!!
Question of the day: What would your favorite peanut butter granola bar add-ins be?
- Maple + dates and peanuts,
- Almond + figs and chocolate chips (duh!),
- Monkey + raisins and walnuts,
- Blizzard + white chocolate and dried strawberries,
- Chillin’ + dark chocolate and dried cherries,
- Plain Jane + dried cherries, and
- Adirondack + cranberries, cinnamon, sunflower and almonds.