Where in the World is OhhMay?
I began this blog last year and it grew into such a passion. I couldn’t imagine not writing. Even through two jobs and school work, I’ve usually managed to get several posts up each week.
I’m always a busy girl but lately with my new lifeguard position, my social life, and preparation for the upcoming AP exams (one week!!) my busy level has increased greatly.
Next week is the AP English (Composition, woot woot!) exam and then the next day I’m leaving to go to Charleston (woot woot!) for a wedding. I won’t get back until Monday or Tuesday, and then Friday is prom. (I hope I look half as pretty as this girl!)
After that I’ll still have some challenging classes (that refuse to ever end) and I’ll still be working, but hopefully I will be back to posting regularly.
I think this blog vacation is going to be just what I need- I will be posting from time to time, but not quite as often. When I come back I have some new plans for OhhMay!
Please don’t fret if you don’t see my comments, I really am still reading. [I promise!]
Now it’s time for random thoughts day, because I need to get it out of my system:
- Blue Ford Escape: I hate you. Not only do you think you are so hot that you need to take up two spots in the parking lot, as of late one of those spots is mine. Now I need to park in someone else’s spot ruining their day. The number of parking lot tags and parking lot spaces are equal, meaning if you take up two spots and everyone is coming to school someone has no space. You also probably shouldn’t have cigarettes in your car in the school parking lot, it’s sort’ve illegal. I’m sure the child that sits in your car seat appreciates them. Watch your back!
- Weather: thank you for finally becoming lovely. Spring picks up my spirit!
- Cornell: Can you tell me what dorm I’ll be living in? Please say Donlon, I think it would be so much fun!
- My Truck: If I tell you you’re fat, will you stop asking for gas every two minutes? I can’t keep up with your appetite. Mama’s wallet is not happy!
- Legs: I will never cover you with clothes again! It’s mini-dresses, skirts and shorts from here on in.
- Ankle: Thank you so much for being good to me. You barely hurt at all anymore. I walked for seven straight hours in Disney (yup.) and I was still a happy girl. You are the best.
- High school: I have twenty six more days of classes with you and then I am done forever! How do you feel about that? I think it’s time for us to both move on. By the way, 0% of me feel like sitting for the Physics regents on the 22nd of June. New Yorkers, do/did you hate regents exams!?
- Bread: My rhumetologist doesn’t want me to eat you (or your gluten filled friends) anymore because she’s worried about my stomach. I will miss you more than you know! Hopefully this is just a break.
- Lunchroom: I’ve never ordered food from you, but I see that you now serve whole wheat pasta and whole wheat buns. I spied homemade macaroni and cheese [not Kraft!!] and more kids are getting salad bar. I want to say kudos! You’re making moves in the right direction.
Last order of business:
I’m calling for guest posters to put together a good recipe for OhhMay!!!
I want to do a vegan breakfast, lunch, and dinner and a gluten-free breakfast, lunch and dinner. (dessert and snacks will work too!) No contest involved, just send me an email if you’re interested in one of those categories!!
It would be half the post about you and your blog, and then half for the recipe.