Overwhelmed But Excited
This morning started early like every other one this week. It’s crunch time… eek!
This was banana/pumpkin French toast oats with walnut butter + cranberries. With coffee it was quite energizing!
We spent so much time cleaning, cooking and shopping. Some random photos for your entertainment…
BSF (Best sister forever) the night before graduation. We went grocery shopping and antics occurred.
Mo (my BSF) lives across the street and we needed refrigerator space. We used the one in their basement so every trip to pick up or drop off food was another photo shoot. What am I doing in the above photo?
Transporting MEAT. Oh boy vegetarians, look away.
Today was so packed with things to do. My mom and I posed before heading out for Mo’s graduation ceremony.
We picked up the tables and chairs…
And a spare refrigerator! (A la Craig’s List)
This morning my mom gave me my graduation present (part 2). A Shutterfly book about prom. It’s adorable and so well put together. xoxo Mommy!
For the chocolate fountain I put bananas on sticks and froze them. I’ll take out a dozan at a time for dipping.
I cut up a ton of fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, kiwi, strawberries, and pineapple) for my fruit basket.
Yay! Tutorial to come. 🙂
My southern uncle schooled me on how to cook pulled pork.
You know that BBQ sauce recipe I promised? I still need to “fix” it up a little more. 😦
So after the cooking I did Mo’s makeup and got ready for her ceremony.
Jose, her little brother also graduated from kindergarten. So exciting! For the record, my ceremony is next week.
After we got back I bounced between my house and Mo’s house, carting home groceries hanging out by her fire and helping my dad grill at home.
The grilled vegetable medley will have eggplant, zucchini, peppers, onions, roasted garlic and aged balsamic vinegar.
I need to get to bed. I have to be up in 6.5 hours to finish the cooking! Eeek!
- Cut and wash 5 heads of romaine and 5 pounds of red lettuce for salads.
- Pit and chop the calamata olives that said they were pitted. This makes me mad.
- Wash the strawberries
- Assemble the fruit basket, assemble a re-fill container
- Shuck and grill 4.5 dozen ears of corn
- Buy butter for corn (totally just remembered that! Good thing!)*
- Wash tomatoes; assemble salads and refrigerate
- Help Father slice roast beef; make au jus
- Pull pork and add sauce
- Fennel + rosemary + sea salt needs to go on 6 dozen rolls
- Make chocolate sauce for fountain (vegan*)
Wow, and it all has to happen before 2:00. Still so excited though!