V+GF Black Bean Burgers and Greek Chicken
This isn’t my first bean burger recipe or chicken recipe, but they’re my favorite so far!
Yesterday I marinated some chicken for my parents and threw together some black bean burgers so we could all eat grill fare.
The chicken was moist and flavorful while the burgers were tender and crunchy. SO GOOD!
It worked out perfectly.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup of feta cheese
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
Marinate one chicken, cut into breasts, legs, thighs, wings, and drumsticks for 8 hours.
Remove chicken and grill over medium low heat for about 20 minutes (until the meat reaches 155* F)
Remove pieces as they finish (the wings and drumsticks will cook quicker than the breasts) and tent with foil. Serve with chopped parsley and feta cheese, if desired.
Black Bean Burgers.
These are also by far the easiest bean burgers. There’s no need for any equipment other than a bowl and potato masher.
Vegan, Gluten Free Black Bean Garden Burgers
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 cup veggies of choice, finely minced
I used carrots, broccoli and cauliflower but you can use bell pepper, sweet corn, or artichoke hearts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp gluten free flour blend (or spelt flour)
- 2 tbsp brown rice flour (or spelt flour)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 grinds black pepper
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- pinch crushed pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp gluten free oats (or rolled oats)
- 2 tbsp flour of your choice
Mix together beans, veggies (make sure they’re finely minced), GF flour, and brown rice flour. Add the seasonings and mash until it starts to come together. You can then continue mashing with your hands and form patties.
To make patties scoop out a heaping tablespoon and flatten it to about 1/3 inch thick.
Mix together the oats and last 2 tbsp flour. Season with a pinch of salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika. Dip the burgers in the flour mixture.
Place on greased sheet of foil and store in freezer until ready to cook.
On a grill with medium heat, place the sheet of foil on top of the rack. Grill for 6 minutes then remove the foil sheet. flip each burger directly onto the grill and continue cooking for 4 minutes on each side.
Remove and enjoy!
Greek chicken in back, burgers on left, grilled corn on right.
Yess. Dinner time!
If you haven’t read her post go do so!
Here’s what I Believe…
- I Believe that surrounding yourself with positivity eliminates 90% or negative thoughts.
- I Believe that when you set and work to a clear goal, no mater how goofy or difficult it is, you will either achieve it or achieve something even better.
- I Believe support from friends, family, or co-workers, or even strangers can help you achieve your goals twice as fast.
- I Believe money is meaningless if you surround yourself with friends you take care of and will take care of you.
- I Believe you will NEVER regret being generous.
- I Believe in sanctuaries. When you’re at “your” stream or on “your” run you feel like nothing can bother you.
- I Believe in hard work.
Here’s what’s up:
- If you have a friend that you constantly feel awful around, slowly move away from them. There are plenty of other people who will make you feel wonderful. You don’t need someone who puts you down or is constantly negative toward you, him or herself, or others.
- Really. Make up something you want in the next 5 years. I want to write a cookbook. There, I said it!
- Think of something nobody around you wanted you to succeed in. How much more difficult was it to accomplish that? Remember this when one of your friends has a dream that you can’t see happening. It doesn’t matter if you don’t believe in it, support them anyway.
- Want to go on vacation? That friend that lives far away that you’ve kept in touch with and exchanged packages with is your answer. If you take care of your friends, they’ll take care of you.
- You have 10 extra dollars that you can buy a book for yourself with or a book for someone else. Buy it for the other person and get yours out of the library. People don’t forget kindness easily.
- Find someplace, anywhere, with or without people around that you can go to feel at peace. Church? To the gym? For a drive? Your choice.
- Do you want something? Go get it. Read books until you know what you’re doing, save money, practice and focus. You’ll get there.
What do you believe in?
PS. I’m blogging from my PC still. I tried to write two posts with ecto and I can’t get my recipe format, fonts, or bullets right. With WordPress online pictures are a pain in the but. I’m thinking of saving money to buy Parallel just to run WLW. Geesh! This new computer is costing more than I anticipated!!